Monday 20 February 2017

Take Risks for DecoArt Media DT


My post for DecoArt Media today is a fairly quick one as I've been suffering with a bit of creative block this month. I've called my tag 'take risks' as I've had a go with colours I wouldn't normally touch! Pink and purple are sooooooooooooo not me. I've also been mastering my drippage technique (video soon) and this tag was a lot of fun to create.


DecoArt products used:
Media Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal Hue, Primary Magenta, Dioxidine Purple
Media Modeling Paste - White
Andy Skinner Stencil - Alphabet Spaghetti

Other:
Butterfly stamps and dot stamp
Printed words (these were a freebie with Mixed Up magazine)
Doily
Brad
Black pen
Twine

Here's how I made it:
1) Randomly cover a tag with the three paint colours using a brayer. Don't over-mix the colours.
2) Stencil over the top using the Andy Skinner stencil and white modelling paste.
3) When completely dry, apply drips of Magenta and Teal paints down the tag.
4) Paint some card with Cobalt Teal Hue paint and stamp with two butterfly images (Prima). Over-stamp with Magenta paint and a dot stamp to add detail. Apply to the tag with a doily underneath.
5) Add printed words, some twine and some doodles created with a fine black pen.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Katy x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and you have used those colours so well Katy. Love the techniques
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Katy - and thanks for the instructions!May have a go later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag and love the drip effect.

    ReplyDelete