Friday 11 December 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - December


Well I haven't managed to achieve my resolution to make all 12 of Tim's tags this year - but I thought I'd at least do the last one, so here's my make for December.

I didn't have most of the supplies Tim used (not being a huge fan of Xmas I don't have that much in the way of seasonal stash), so I've improvised.


Also entering my tag for a couple of challenges:
and

My burlap background is stencilled with Ground Espresso ink spray using a layering stencil. I wanted a snowy tag, so instead of inking my edges, I dry brushed them with white gesso (where on earth would I be without gesso???).

I cut lots of Holiday Greens foliage, inked it in Bundled Sage and Evergreen Bough and dry brushed it with - you guessed it! - gesso. I made three pinecones from kraft card using the Tattered Pinecone die, spritzed lightly with Ground Espresso ink and then added more gesso to the edges,

My berries are flat backed pearls with a couple of coats of acrylic paint and I finished my tag with a die cut word and bow in red, also dry brushed with gesso.

I feel quite festive now!

Katy x

28 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous tag! Just the right combination and dose of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Katy, great improvisation. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag! I like your improvisation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy...well done in getting your tag completed...wonderful details and thanks for sharing with us here at AVJ this month

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Talk about knocking one out of the park...this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant improvisation! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - stunning foliage with your lovely pinecones! What a beautiful tag! thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow those resolutions seem to go by the wayside during the year but not to worry, we can make more shortly. Love your tag, the colors and texture are simply lovely. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely GORGEOUS!!! I love the whole swag and those pinecones!!! Awesome!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!! All of my favorite dies on one tag. :) And the colors are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag! A beautiful vintage creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite simply stunning! What a fabulous interpretation Katy! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Katy on being chosen as one of the top three winners over at Frilly and Funky . Fab take on Tims tag and a a very worthy winner . Merry Christmas Chick xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this is stunning. I love all the dimension you've added with the foliage and pinecones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT TAG Katy!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your tag! Tim and Mario did, too - it's a winner for December on Tim's blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win! Love the pinecones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your tag win and I love the use of the pine cones and foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tag! I'm so happy you won, because this truly is a lovely work of art! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Katy - your tag is just soooooooooooooo lovely. It's a just beautiful. The music and NOEL are perfect. Love the way you designed the leaves and the pinecones across the tag. CONGRATS!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Back again with more Congratulations ! Katy . Hip hip hooray ! Yay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your win.....I am a nature girl at heart...so just the idea behind Tim's tag appealed to me! I really like your take on it with the pine cones along with the greenery! It really pops especially with the lighter background! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your win Katy with your beautiful tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on a well deserved win! Beautiful tag!
    {julia}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Katy, long time no see. I have just spotted your win on Tim@s 12 Tags, congratulations. I love your Tag its gorgeous. Sam Crowe xx

    ReplyDelete