Friday 19 December 2014

Guest Designer - A Sprinkle of Imagination


I was delighted and very flattered to be asked by Trish to be a guest designer for A Sprinkle of Imagination as part of their 12 Designers of Christmas series. I am among some distinguished company, so no pressure LOL! Keep checking back all through December for lots of inspiration.

I made a Christmas decoration using a box canvas which I reversed to make a shadow box. I covered the outside in book page which I knocked back with Antique Linen Distress Paint then edged it with gilding wax and added a little stamping with Stampotique's Abstract Foliage. I created a panel for the inside of the box again using stamping and book page.


The 'snow' is created by adding modelling or texture paste roughly with a spatula then sprinkling it with dry Distress Glitter in Rock Candy to make it sparkle. I added 'snow' to my tree branch too and also glittered the festive berries.


Inside I dangled painted, glittered snowflakes (Tando) from monofilament so they hang and move. Noel and the poinsettia are Tim dies. My robin is one of Dina Wakley's Scribbly Birds stamps - I thought he was suitably fat and jolly to be a robin!

Hope you like my creation and remember most of the goodies are available from A Sprinkle of Imagination.

Katy x

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous Katy. I saw it at A Sprinkle of Imagination and I hope you don't mind that I have Pinned it to Pinterest - more than once as I love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so adorable! I'll go visit A Sprinkle og Imagination now! :-D
    XOX

    ReplyDelete