Wednesday 21 May 2014

Scrap Heap Challenge


Sometimes I feel creative but need a bit of a kick-start to get going. Looking around blogland I found the Our Creative Corner Challenge blog with the theme 'Love Your Leftovers' - the perfect challenge I thought!

This literally took me half an hour and I limited myself almost entirely to the contents of my scraps drawer. The stamped image was left over from a project I did years ago, the paper and scrap of music text were from my paper scraps and the card backing is from a board backed envelope I had lying around from earlier in the week. The flower was from playing with the Tattered Pinecone die - it was just plain white card so I sprayed it with a little ink. Even the leaves, glass pebble, coloured seam binding and butterfly were leftovers from other things. The only 'new' stuff is the Tim Holtz ticket and pieces of Tissue Tape.

I think this stamp of a little girl is beautiful - she looks like she's sitting reading in the garden, hence my ticket choice. Sounds like bliss to me!

I think that fits the challenge! This was really fun and I will definitely be doing this exercise again.

Entering this for the Our Creative Corner Challenge this week!

Stamps/products used: Rubber Stamp Concepts (girl), Stampers Anonymous (foliage), Idea-ology Adage Ticket and Tissue Tape.

3 comments:

  1. You'd never believe this was all leftovers as it all works perfectly together! And half an hour to complete - now that's impressive. Great to see you using up those leftovers. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete