Saturday 12 February 2011

Artsycrafts Frame

Well it's only been about four months, and finally I have put the finishing touches to the main project from last year's Artsycrafts event. I didn't manage to finish this project on the day as I was coming down with flu (got home and spent a week in bed!!). Unfortunately due to having the attention span of a gnat I often start things and don't finish them, but I really wanted to get this done so I can hang it in the craft room (the colours match my decor, which is duck egg blue and chocolate brown).

The frame features some of my favourite materials including corrugated card, paint and embossing powders. Those stunning metal borders are made with a Kabuka mould.

If you've never been to Artsycrafts I can really recommend it - Lin and Leandra really are first rate teachers and really nice peeps to boot :).

8 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful frame Katy and so worth the effort and love you put into it. Loving the colours and great flowers plus those great metal borders. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous shabby chic piece! I love all the texture, all the different elements, and the beautiful colors. Must be so satisfying to finish it up... good things come to those who wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love youe frame Katy !! Just my cup of tea .Well worth finishing ,it's beautiful.
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Katy. Love the shabby chic look, fab flowers and colours. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation, love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, great colours...very cool creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has turned out beautifully - now you've got to put it up on the wall!!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete