Monday 18 January 2010

Another layout

Another scrapbook page today. There are details on here which I am really pleased with but don't show up on the photo; I used my Rock Candy Distress Stickles for the first time and OMG I love them! I smeared them all over the die cut paper strips so they really catch the light. The result is like crushed glass rather than glitter - so lush. You NEED this product.

Secondly the LO was looking a bit flat so I ruched up some ribbon and stapled it (as I am domestically challenged and still cannot operate my sewing machine which languishes in a box under the stairs...). I am really pleased with how this came out.

The photos were taken, believe it or not, from the beach in New England. This is how close the seals were to the shore and there must have been 50 of them in the water (I do have a zoom lense but still this is very close to wild animals in my book). It was truely amazing and captivating to see them; something I will never forget. I think of seals as the dogs of the sea and I have a real soft spot for them.

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful page ... I love the colours and all the elements ... great stuff X

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh i need to see this one irl...looks gorgeous hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, nice to see you have your own blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Katy - I have the Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint - better get on and try it, if it THAT good! Fab photos and love the design of the LO!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful layout. One of my faves of yours :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout love the colours and the photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete